Workshops are held near to Thirsk in North Yorkshire. There is also an option to host a workshop within your organisation or group (see ‘Hosted Workshops’ below).
Scentwork Yorkshire offers 6 different levels of TD Scentwork® workshops, from Scent 1 to Scent 6. Each workshop builds on the previous one to develop the skills of the dog and human partnership to become increasingly effective in searching for a specific scent. Once you have completed Scent one to five, you can apply to be assessed as an Accredited Talking Dogs Scentwork® Handler in Scent six.
- Scent 1 – Introduction to Scentwork – you and your dog will learn the basics of how to search together for a specific scent.
- Scent 2 – Handling skills – you will learn about directed searches and search patterns to help you search more effectively.
- Scent 3 – Skill builder – you will build on the use of search patterns to increase the complexity of the search, with longer searches and more layers to sniff through.
- Scent 4 – Environmentals – this is all about searching new environments, including outdoor areas, and is as near as you will get to the actual experience of operational detector dog work.
- Scent 5 – Practice day – you will hone your skills during this workshop through multiple finds, blank searches and working to declare the area clear.
- Scent 6 – Accredited Handler test day – put all you have learned to the test as you complete an assessment to be recognised as a Talking Dogs Scentwork® Accredited Handler
All workshops will be held near Thirsk or Wetherby either on a morning or an afternoon. Scent 1, 2, 3 and 5 cost £65 per handler place. Scent 4 costs £75 per handler place. Spectator places cost £30 per workshop. Please contact us if you would like to book a spectator place on any of our workshops.
- Thirsk: Saturday 14th November @ 09:30 – FULL
- Wetherby: Saturday 28th November @ 13:00 – FULL
- Wetherby: Saturday 28th November @ 15:30
- Thirsk: Sunday 18th October @ 09:00 – FULL
- Thirsk: Saturday 14th November @ 13:30 – FULL
- Thirsk: Sunday 18th October @ 13:30 – FULL
- Wetherby: Saturday 5th December @ 13:00 – FULL
- Wetherby: Saturday 5th December @ 16:00
- Ripon Racecourse: Saturday 31st October @ 10:00 – FULL
- Thirsk: Sunday 15th November @ 09:00 – FULL
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details of upcoming dates and how to book
To book a place on any of the above workshops, click on the button below:
If you require further information before booking a workshop, please email:
Or send us a message on the Contact page.
If you run a dog training club or have a group of interested friends and would like to book a workshop just for you at your own venue, this can be easily arranged. Scentwork Yorkshire can travel to your venue to run the Talking Dogs Scentwork® workshops for up to 6 dogs and handlers (depending on venue size) with additional spectator places if required.
The area covered by Scentwork Yorkshire includes: Yorkshire, Humberside and the North East. Please Contact us for more information.